The Official John Kovalic Munchkin Tavern 2016 Bookmark of What the Duck?!
Illustrated by John Kovalic
You may use this bookmark in any game of Munchkin or its sequels. It may be used during any combat. You may use only one bookmark (of any kind) per game unless you change sex. If you change sex, you may use a second bookmark. You may not use more than two in a game, no matter what.
- Show everyone the bookmark so they can satisfy themselves that it is what you say it is.
- If John has not signed this bookmark, then it is worth a flat +5 to either side. Ignore all remaining rules.
- If John has signed this bookmark, or is at your table and is willing to sign it right now, you may play this bookmark as a special Duck Hireling. It cannot carry any Items for you, but it has a +2 bonus in combat and will happily throw itself in the way of a Curse or Bad Stuff that you do not want affecting you.
- SPECIAL JOHN RULE: If John is in your game, then the Duck Hireling can carry a single small Item and allow you to use it. The Item cannot have any usage restrictions (for Class, Race, etc.) and the Duck is too small to carry a Big item. This small Item cannot be stolen and goes with the Duck Hireling if you lose it.
- After using this bookmark, leave it on the table; the next player to suffer a Curse or Bad Stuff may take the bookmark. If that player is eligible to use a bookmark, they may use this one.